Equality at CSF
Promoting equal opportunities is fundamental to the aims and ethos of Comberton Village College. Our school is committed to equal treatment for all students, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion or belief, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Each of the core principles of the Cam Academy Trust suggests an approach which promotes equality and celebrates diversity. Students will only achieve excellence if the barriers that promote unequal outcomes are successfully removed. Education can only be truly comprehensive if every pupil has an equal chance to thrive. This can only be achieved by effective partnership with key external organizations, and strong links throughout the local community. It is only with a genuinely international outlook that students will truly understand and value global diversity. These values are commonly held across our Trust and by Comberton Sixth Form.
Equality and diversity objectives
The sixth form’s ethos and aim as a whole is to:
- To eliminate unlawful discrimination on grounds of any of the protected characteristics
- To advance equality of opportunity for all members of the school community
- To foster good relations between pupils who share a relevant protected characteristic and pupils who do not share it
As a public organization, we have our own formal equalities objectives. These are:
- to narrow the gap between the progress made by disadvantaged boys and those of non-disadvantaged students nationally
- to narrow the gap between the attendance of disadvantaged boys and that of non-disadvantaged students nationally
- to narrow the gap between the proportion of disadvantaged boys who receive fixed-term exclusions and non-disadvantaged students nationally.
All members of our sixth form community are expected to comply with and support our aims and objectives.
To see our Student Equality and Diversity Policy in full please click here
The Staff Equality and Diversity Policy can be found here
P J Burns (she/her)